[quote]Originally posted by OSusannah:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Judi, you must be an [img]graemlins/angel.gif[/img] ! "only" 25? [img]eek.gif[/img]Originally posted by judiaci:
[qb] I only have to make Christmas Eve dinner for 25 this year.
In a way it is easier to cook for 25 than say a group of 12. With a group of 25, it has to be a buffet and I will use paper plates, etc. You are just not expected to be fancy with a larger group. If I was having a group of 12, I would be polishing crystal, silver, etc. I come from a large family of 9 and my DH has a family of 6. Everyone is married with kids, so a group of 25 is pretty small. I had 80 for dinner once - now that was big, but it was in the summer so I had tables outside.
Lasagna is not all that odd for Christmas. One of my sisters has ordered lasagna, salad and garlic bread the last couple of Christmases. We usually have turkey, ham, etc. on Christmas Eve, so she likes to have something different and her in-laws like it because they know she didn't have to fuss over them. Note - lasagna is red - definitely a Christmas color, LOL.





Bookmarks